The Bluegrass Ball and The Grateful Ball
December 30, 31, 2016 & January 1, 2017
Featuring The Del McCoury Band, The Travelin’ McCourys & The Jeff Austin Band.
“The Voice” of Bluegrass, American music icon, two-time GRAMMY winner and Bluegrass Hall of Famer Del McCoury, his all-star Del McCoury Band (9-time IBMA Entertainers of the Year) The Travelin’ McCourys and the Jeff Austin Band will be part of an epic, unprecedented Bluegrass Underground experience from Dec. 30, 2016, to Jan. 1, 2017.
It’s an intimate, all-inclusive, three-day, two-night New Year’s Eve weekend celebration that moves from the stunning subterranean beauty of Cumberland Caverns’ Volcano Room (the setting for PBS’ 11-EMMY Award-winning Bluegrass Underground series) to the breathtaking natural splendor of Fall Creek Falls State Park. Packages go on sale at 10 a.m. CST Tuesday, Sept 20th, and include three soon-to- be-legendary concert events in two epic venues, plus all meals and snacks, lodging, adult beverages and transportation. Admission is strictly limited to 420 musical adventurers who purchase a package, providing a unique, historic opportunity to welcome the New Year with some of today’s greatest bluegrass and Americana artists in an unforgettable up-close-and-personal experience.
All Packages Include…
All Your Tasty Meals (Gluten free and Veggie options available for all meals).
- Mamaw’s Country Fare. Down home Meat and Three (Fri night).
- Good Ol’ Southern Breakfast (Sat & Sun).
- High Falutin’ NYE Banquet (Prime Rib & Loaded Baked Potato Bar & much more).
- Caveman lunch served 333′ Underground (Sat).
NYE Midnight Champagne Toast and (4) beer tickets per person for tasty microbrews.
Transportation to & from shows at Cumberland Caverns from hotel (Fri & Sat) in luxury coaches.
Tickets to all 3 Epic ‘Underground Countdown’ concerts:
- The Bluegrass Ball featuring the legendary Del McCoury Band playing the best of bluegrass music. 2 sets Friday evening 333′ underground at Cumberland Caverns in the world famous Volcano Room with special guests.
- The Travelin’ McCourys & The Jeff Austin Band play a special Saturday afternoon featuring their own material in one of the world’s coolest venues, 333′ underground, to warm up for the big New Years Eve events.
- An epic New Years Eve celebration at Fall Creek Falls as we present The Grateful Ball celebrating the music of the Grateful Dead as performed by The Travelin’ McCourys & The Jeff Austin Band in various configurations to ring in 2017. Tennessee…there ain’t no place I’d rather be…
Commemorative Merchandise Package for all:
- T-shirt exclusive to this event. We are commissioning legendary cave artist Roger Walker to create a one of a kind printing of 420 T-shirts available only to the 420 patrons.
- Mp3 downloads of the evening Bluegrass Ball & Grateful Ball sets.
- Limited edition, event poster signed by the designer (1 per person).
- Keep it cool: (1) cave koozie designed and made in a limited 420 printing
1 Guided extended tour of the beautiful Cumberland Caverns, a nationally recognized landmark.
Some of the most epic hiking this side of the Mississippi.
Guided Yoga classes and two (2) on-site massage therapists will be on-site to help with weary bones.
Hotel at Fall Creek Falls2 person package
- Hotel rooms at the inn offers panoramic views of Fall Creek Falls Lake. These rooms are located at the hub of the party making them a great base for your Underground Countdown. All rooms have full baths, cable TV, hairdryers, irons and coffeemakers. Most rooms have porches or walk outs directly to the beautiful Fall Creek Lake. Package is for two people and includes all package described above. $599 per person ($1,198/total package)
Fisherman Cabins4 person package - Only 6 units availalbe, don't wait!
Fishin from your porch! The Tennessee version of a Tahitian overwater bungalow, these two-story, two bedroom, one and a half bath cabins located directly on beautiful Fall Creek Lake. On the lower floor is a full kitchen, dining area and living room with a potbelly woodstove and the full bath. Each cabin has their own private porches situated out over the lake for a great place to hang out with friends & family. Room 1 has one queen bed, Room 2 has two twin beds. There is also a pull out couch in living room. These cabins are heated/cooled with a green geothermal system, which concentrates the naturally existing heat within the earth to provide natural climate control from a clean, reliable, and renewable source of energy. Package is for four people and includes all described above. $649 per person ($2,596/total package)
Landside Cabins4 person package - only 5 units available, don't wait!
ne bedroom has two full-XL beds and the other bedroom has one king size bed. Landside cabins have two playgrounds and a basketball court. Horseshoe pits are available. There is also a pull out couch in living room. Package is for four people and includes all described above. $649 per person ($2,596/total package)
Group LodgeIndividual Package - glamp BGU style!
For those looking for a more economical & social stay, it’s glamping BGU style. The Group Lodge at Fall Creek Falls has two floors with 46 bunk beds and large bathrooms in a serene setting, think hostel in the woods. Connected to the dormitories is a large kitchen complete with commercial appliances, steam table, and ice maker. Common room has a wood fireplace for those late nighters. Linens/pillows not included so bring a sleeping bag and your camping pillow and enjoy the company of your kindred spelunkers. Bunks do have mattresses and the rooms are unisex. Transportation to the Inn where shuttles will pickup is not provided, please plan to drive the short distance between the lodge and the inn for all events & coach pickup. Package is for one people and includes all described above. $420 per person